The first and most important step is to understand the role of your General Contractor. Understanding your contractor's role in your project can help you manage your expectations and keep your job running smoothly; on time and on budget.
The key duties of a General Contractor are to:
- Choreograph the sub-contractors and labour schedule in order to bring the project together in a timely fashion
- Provide you with professional guidance to make the most of your budget
- Ensure each aspect of your project is completed quickly and correctly
- Obtain all necessary permits and documentation from City Hall
There are a number of benefits of hiring a General Contractor like JDL HOMES rather than trying to go it alone:
JDL Homes has extensive knowledge and experience of the construction process.
You may think that doing it yourself will save you money, but a few simple mistakes can mean that your project will take much longer and cost you more in the long-run.
JDL Homes has the knowledge, experience and expertise to make your project run smoothly and efficiently.
JDL Homes builds and maintains relationships with our sub-trades
Hiring a General Contractor like JDL Homes takes the headache out of dealing with trades. We do all the booking, know exactly what needs to be done and deal with problems should any arrise. You won't be left guessing if the job was done properly or if you paid for something you didn't need.
JDL Homes works with the same plumbers, electricians and other trades on a regular basis. Over the years we have built a team of trades, each leading professionals in their fields, whom we know and trust and who have demonstrated a consistently high level of quality and service.
You, the homeowner, benefit from our relationship with our trades in the following ways:
- Trades will be available when you need them, as we take care of all scheduling
- You can count on consistent, high-quality workmanship
- You can feel comfortable knowing that we hold our trades to the same kind, courteous and professional standards as our own crew
- Our trades will go the extra mile for you, our clients
- You benefit from our negotiating power
- You have one point of contact for questions or concerns regarding all of the work done on your project
- We don't work with anyone who we wouldn't feel comfortable having in our own home.
JDL Homes maintains accounts and relationships with suppliers
- As a General Contractor, JDL Homes has access to products and materials at significant savings, which we can pass on to you
- JDL Homes can procure supplies and products in a much more timely manner than you can as a private consumer
JDL Homes provides professional guidance to help you get the most from your budget
- JDL Homes can advise you where to save and where to splurge
- We can help you avoid making choices that might look like a steal, but that will end up costing you more down the road in labour or installation
- We have extensive knowledge our products; we know from experience and client feedback which items have the best quality and value
We can't wait to help make your dream home a reality. Be sure to visit our project gallery for ideas and inspiration.